The OPCEA Board of Directors would like to inform members about the need to fill the position of Secretary/Treasurer for the Ontario Pollution Control Equipment Association (OPCEA). We are asking member firms, in good standing, for nominations, or for an individual volunteer, to fill this position on the Board of Directors, which will start April 15th, 2019. Responsibilities and requirements of the role include:
- See that all money due to the Association is collected and deposited in a chartered bank to the credit of the Association.
- Make all disbursements and perform all other financial duties prescribed by the board.
- If necessary, the Secretary/Treasurer shall ensure the Association’s books are audited prior to the AGM by an auditor appointed by the Board.
- Distribute any financial notices required to be given to members and to directors.
- Responsible for housekeeping of all financial books, papers, records, correspondence, contracts and other documents belonging to the Association.
- Proficient in QuickBooks.
- Dropbox – this is the method the EA office sends the monthly QuickBooks backup for the Secretary/Treasurer to review and prepare reports for the board and for the accountant at end of the year.
- TeamViewer – this is the method which allows the Secretary/Treasurer to make adjustments to the OPCEA financials.
- Secretary/Treasurer will need to investigate accountants available and interested in working with OPCEA, and make a recommendation to the OPCEA board for approval.
- Attend monthly board meetings/AGM and record all facts and minutes of all proceedings in the books kept for that purpose
- Secretary/Treasurer position is a 5-year term.
Thank you for your continued support.